1. A mask is required for all persons receiving a massage.
2. Infrared non-contact temperatures will be taken by your therapist immediately upon entering the building.
Please be advised that all the equipment will be sanitized between massages. All therapists have their temperatures taken daily. All clients are encouraged to use hand sanitizer both before and after their massage. Several bottles are in the facility for ease of use.
The cleaning procedures outlined above have been standard practice at Laurel School of Massage since our opening in 2012. Your current and continuing safety has always been our priority.
- Cost is $35.00 for a Full 60 Minute Massage.
- Cost is $52.00 for a Full 90 Minute Massage.
- The student clinic is conducted in a supervised setting where the instructor quietly observes the student's work.
- Tables are arranged in a curtained area offering the client complete privacy with soft lighting and relaxing music.
Licensed Massage TherapistsDue to the high demand for massages between student availability, Laurel School of Massage has added licensed professionals to our staff.
- Cost is $70 for a Full 60 minute massage.
- Cost is $100 for a Full 90 minute massage.
- These massage are done in private rooms with heated table and hot towels.
Specialized massages are also available such as: 60-minute Pre-natal ($90), 60-minute Hot Stone.
Before the massage:
- Ask questions. When scheduling your appointment, ask any questions you may have. Our staff is trained to assist you and help put your mind at ease.
- Feeling sick? Please do not come for a massage when you are ill or recovering from an illness. A minimum of 48 hours fever-free is recommended.
- Take a shower. Take a warm, refreshing shower prior to your arrival, as it will help loosen your muscles and any areas of tightness.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early. Arrive at least 15 minutes before your massage is scheduled to allow time to check in and fill out paperwork. Due to our student therapists' schedules, note that late arrivals do not receive a time extension.
- Communicate your likes, dislikes, and areas of concern. Our therapists aim to provide as relaxing an experience as possible. Please communicate with your therapist should you have any preferences or areas of concern.
During the massage:
- Be courteous. Our treatments take place in a community space divided by curtains, so be courteous and keep any conversation with your therapist to a minimum.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the massage room. In order to ensure the integrity of your and others' experience, please power down or completely silence your cell phone and stow it outside the massage room.
- Undress to your comfort level. Although the majority of people completely undress for treatment, it is not mandatory. The fewer layers of clothing the therapist has to work through, the better they will be able to massage you.
- No jewelry during the massage. It is better to leave valuables at home.
- Tipping is not allowed. By state law, student therapists are not allowed to receive gratuity of any kind.
Cancelling or rescheduling your massage:
- 24-hour advance notice. We respectfully request a 24-hour minimum advance notice for cancellations and rescheduling requests. Failure to provide 24-hour notice may require a non-refundable pre-payment for future appointments. To cancel or reschedule, please call our appointment line at (832) 253-2440.